Monday, May 14, 2012

O.O Why Haven't I Posted Anything?

Well the answer to that is simple. Haven't felt like it. And right now I have nothing better to do. Ok I actually do. I've actually been picking up my books again. Woot! I started re-reading the first couple pages of Egyptian Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Goddesses, and Traditions of Ancient Egypt by Geraldine Pinch so I could continue on and hopefully finish this time. Which probably won't happen anytime soon. Reason being: I am Derpy Hooves!

Well as I've mentioned  back in my Oh Lookie Here post, I have no job and that I want to start going back to the library on a weekly basis. Well I was going through the long list of books I have on Egyptian mythology and Kemeticism and stuff like that and decided to check the library's online catalog. Well I started to put books on hold. ^.^; Hey I stopped myself at 2 this time. Unlike last year where I put everything I could on hold and then never got through it all. But I still can't get all the books that other Kemetics have said that are staple reads and I don't know if the only way I'm going to end up getting my hands on them is to have to buy them. Reason being the library I go to already has like a built in inter-library loan system. Isn't it beautiful? I could go to any of those libraries listed and return those books to any other one. But out of 38 libraries I haven't been able to find like a good 3/4 of the books on my to read list. Probably more. I haven't counted. And with me I want to be able to read the book and know I'll like it before I buy it.

So where was I? Oh yeah. Trying to start going to the library and reading more. I also mentioned the job thing. Well after I went through the library catalog, I went over to the library website. I forget why exactly. Oh right. I was looking up the time that my library branch was actually open. I wanted to go yesterday. But when I was looking on Thursday/Friday (I forget which) I found out that they're closed on Sundays from May through September. I was bummed. Why would a library be closed on Sundays during the summer? Why? I just don't get it. But oh well. As I was looking for the times on the site I saw the tab at the bottom for Employment. Randomly clicking on it I saw that they had an opening at one of the branches. My thoughts were "Yay! I want it!" "Which branch do I turn it in to?" "Oh crap I don't have a printer." "I'll take care of it on Sunday since I'm busy Saturday." "Effing a! They're not open on Sundays!! TT.TT Now what?" Well I had gotten the application printed out yesterday. But like I said: I am Derpy Hooves. I left it at my boyfriend's. ^.^; And I'm gonna be heading to the library after my mom comes home from work. And then we're headed up to the lake. Yay lawn bowling!

Starting a little late but I don't think the people up at the lake mind. Lawn bowling actually started in April. But last year they let me start like half way through the season. I enjoy lawn bowling for multiple reasons. How I got started was there were a couple times my mom couldn't go pick up my grandpa for some reason or another and drive him up to the lake for lawn bowling. He's been lawn bowling with that group for years. (Found out he's been doing it for 20+ years. Longer than I've been around.) Then one day they needed an extra person to complete one of the teams. So I got roped into it. I don't mind. I think its fun. And it gives me something to do with my grandpa. I hadn't exactly seen my grandpa as much as I used to since my grandma had gotten diagnosed with cancer how ever many years ago. Then I had just stopped trying all together after she died. I even tried avoiding going to see him when I could. I still try to get out of it when I'd be going to see him on my own. My grandma's death was hard on all of us and I know full well that my coping mechanism is avoidance. I was trying to avoid it in the early stages. I didn't want anything to do with them anymore. But its not like I could do anything to escape it all. We would go bake cookies with her every year around Christmas time. So I think of her when I bake. She taught me and my sister how to knit and crochet. She'd always have a new project she was working on when we would go visit her on the weekends. So naturally I would think of her when I would start crocheting something.

But enough down in the dumps stuff. This post wasn't going to be a downer one. Plus with having to stop and start again because my mom finally came and got me I forgot where I was headed with the rest of this. I was able to pick up the books. I got Red Land, Black Land and Temples, Tombs, & Hieroglyphs both by Barbara Mertz. I might start putting up some book reviews when I finally sit down and actually finish reading a book. Speaking of I want to start reading now so I'll end this here. Senebty.

No comments:

Post a Comment